Your future starts here
- Great Relationships: Crossley Heath is a school family where the connection between students and staff leads to lasting relationships and a proud link to our school that lasts a lifetime. As a result, our network of connections spans the length and the breadth of the world as our alumni stay in touch with Crossley’s for life.
- Strength of Character: Our breadth of extra-curricular opportunities, the huge range of student leadership roles, the dynamic house system and tailor-made mentoring roles, all go to help us grow future leaders with CVs jam-packed with character development experience.
- Individuals Matter: Crossley’s Sixth Form offers the exclusivity of 140 places and the support of smaller class sizes (the average is 12 students). This means your teachers know you as a person, know your learning needs and tailor their approaches to make sure you achieve your very best. Our pastoral care is second to none and you will never be lost in the crowd.
- Academic Excellence: We are proud to be one of the highest performing schools in Northern England, with our students achieving one of the UK’s highest proportions of A*-B.
Our Post 16 Offer promises:
- We will ensure every Sixth Form student has their own computer device ensuring ease of access and connection as you move between classrooms and work from home or in school.
- We commit to helping establish a week-long internship/work experience placement with a leading employer in a field you aspire to study.
- We offer a wide range of enrichment opportunities, sports clubs, trips and overseas adventures to all Sixth Formers to genuinely open up the world to our students.
- We open up a leadership opportunity for all our Sixth Formers as academic mentors, committee members, house officials, prefects, sports captains and more.
- Our Scholars Programme guarantees additional support from Term 1 for prospective Russell Group, Oxbridge, Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science applicants to get our students one step ahead of the competition. For those aiming for higher level apprenticeships we offer support the recruitment process with alumni presentations, video interview skills practice and assessment centre mock-ups.