Financial Support with Uniform, School Trips and Visits
Help may be available from school towards the cost of uniform, trips and visits for families facing financial difficulties. Please contact the Head’s PA for an application form. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and will not be discussed with your son/daughter. The Head’s PA, Mrs Heaton, will be happy to discuss your application with you.
Free School Meals and the Pupil Premium
Check your eligibility and save hundreds of pounds (over £350 per year) and help school funds. We are asking parents and carers to check their eligibility for free school meals. Free school meals can save you hundreds of pounds a year. They will also help raise money for our school because of the Pupil Premium, a government commitment to pay schools £900 a year for each pupil registered as entitled to free school meals. This is money the school can benefit from for funding new equipment or maybe new teaching staff.
You may be eligible to receive free school meals if you receive one of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Job Seeker’s Allowance (income-based)
- Employment Support Allowance (income-related)
- Child Tax Credit, so long as you do not get Working Tax Credit and your family’s annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) is not more than £16,190. Anyone receiving Working Tax Credit is not entitled to free school meals regardless of their income.
- you get support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- you receive the guarantee credit element of Pension Credit.
If you are entitled and want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime they will be issued with a token resembling a £2 coin so that none of their peers will be aware that they are receiving a free meal.
Even if you do not wish your child to have a free school meal (maybe because you want to provide a packed lunch), you can still register and the school will receive the additional funding from the Pupil Premium.
If you think you may be entitled please complete the attached form and return to the address on the form.
If you have any queries or need help in completing the form please do not hesitate in contacting the school.
Click here to print an application form (opens in a new window).