‘At The Crossley Heath school we fully understand the importance of supporting our students well-being through exams. We know that exams are a major source of worry and anxiety for young people. Whilst feeling anxious about important events is a natural response, we take numerous steps in our tutorials and lessons to support our students well-being at these times which includes help with their organisation, study timetables and advice of how to look after their own well-being.
It is important that students:
- Are organised and well prepared for exams
- Take a long term approach to study and revision rather than a short term cramming approach
- Study sensibly and effectively without distraction
- Exercise regularly
- Limit screen time and exposure to social media
- Get enough sleep and keep a sleep routine
- Take time out to socialise and relax
- Eat healthily
- Talk to their friends and family
- Practise mindfulness and relaxation techniques
- Have a positive mind set, their best is good enough!
Here are some external resources that may help Students and Parents cope during these difficult times