‘At The Crossley Heath school we fully understand the importance of supporting our students well-being through exams. We know that exams are a major source of worry and anxiety for young people. Whilst feeling anxious about important events is a natural response, we take numerous steps in our tutorials and lessons to support our students well-being at these times which includes help with their organisation, study timetables and advice of how to look after their own well-being.
It is important that students:
- Are organised and well prepared for exams
- Take a long term approach to study and revision rather than a short term cramming approach
- Study sensibly and effectively without distraction
- Exercise regularly
- Limit screen time and exposure to social media
- Get enough sleep and keep a sleep routine
- Take time out to socialise and relax
- Eat healthily
- Talk to their friends and family
- Practise mindfulness and relaxation techniques
- Have a positive mind set, their best is good enough!
Here are some external resources that may help Students and Parents cope during these difficult times
Silver Cloud is a free and easily accessible platform that can be a personal and responsive support for young people (14+) and/or their parents and carers. It involves minimal waiting times and by accessing the service you will gain an Open Minds ‘Supporter’ who can provide guidance and support for individuals who are experiencing anxiety and low mood.